I am so super excited!!!!
One of my followers, the lovely Amy from Amy Gives it a go, nominated me for the Liebster Award!
I can NOT believe it. I just started blogging about a month ago and not only do I have about 50 followers already, but am also nominated for Liebster Award?!
Amy, you have no idea how much this means to me.
To all of you who don’t know her, you should definitely check here blog HERE.
She is quite a new blogger herself (started around February 20th as far as I know) and she shares her love for nail related things as well as whatever comes to mind. The first post I saw of her was THIS, where she posted a super pretty dark blue Essie nail design with some O.P.I. bling.
I loved it and had to follow. Just now I read her first post and realized that we have something else in common.
I myself was thinking for about 2 years or even longer about creating a blog for my two biggest addictions^^
Then finally, by middle of January I decided to just DO IT!
Honestly, it seems I made the right choice, because I simply love it. It helps me to relax after a stressful day at my full-time office job. Before I started this blog, I came home after work and simply laid back to relax, but it didn’t help. Now since I am working on my blog after work, I am free. I am relaxed because I do something that I love and it is honestly so much fun, especially when you guys interact with me and comment or like my posts.
I know my blog is not perfect, in the sense of professional pictures or even proper English, but who cares?
I don’t, because I do what I love as good as I can 🙂
It turns out the purpose of the Liebster Award is to promote blogs that have less than 200 followers and generate attention towards them. What I like even more about this post and this award is, that it gives my followers a chance to get to know me better. I was thinking about a more personal post where I tell you about myself, but then again thought “What questions should I answer?”
Well there you go, Amy already posted some for me to answer^^
Besides that, I get to nominate other blogs that I think deserve some attention as well. Simply because they are great blogs and lovely people. Nothing is better then sharing the love!
Here are the few ground rules you should follow to participate:
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you.
3. Give eleven random facts about yourself–they can be anything!
4. Nominate five to eleven blogs that you think are deserving of the award (they must have less than 200 followers/the original number was less than 3000)
5. Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
6. Give them eleven questions to answer.
Now I am going to answer the 11 questions that Amy has posted:
1. What is your favorite song?
I have so many songs that I love! How can I even pick?!
What I can tell you is that I totally love Beyoncé. She is such a powerful woman and she is living life as a great example. She is teaching women all over the world to be fearless and stand up for their dreams, do what they love and most importantly love who you want to love, no matter of gender, heritage, color or what not.
I think she is a great role model.
2. What is one of the harder things you have had to overcome in the last few years?
I think my depressions during my teenage years. I still sometimes get sad again and fall back into my old too much thinking and getting sad and depressed state of mind, but it is much better since I started a therapy two years ago and more importantly since I have met my BF four years ago. He simply knows my soul, so while he is already feeling that my mood is changing (even before I do), he starts to cheer me up and makes me laugh. He is simply the greatest man I have ever met.
3. Do you have any siblings? If so, how many?
Yes I do have siblings. I come from a big family. I have an older sister, as well as a younger sister and two younger brothers. I love them all very much. My older sister and one of my brothers already have their own kids, so I am an aunt of a niece (5 months old) and a nephew (6 years old).
4. What is your favorite food?
That is simple, Japanese food. And let me tell you, I feel like the luckiest girl in the world, because my BF is a Japanese chef (cook).
5. What is your favorite season and why?
Without a doubt, spring! I love spring. I love how the air smells like spring. How the sun is warm but not too hot, how a little breeze is going through your hair. The time to be outside and to wear my lovely sunglasses. Everything is better in spring 🙂
6. If you were only allowed to put on one makeup product for the day what would it be?
Does Burt’s Bees Honey Lip Balm count as Make-up? haha
If not, then probably BB creme? I usually don’t wear Make-up anymore, just on very special occasions.
I realized my skin does not like Make-up, it breaks out as soon as I am wearing it.
7. If you were stranded on an island name 2 things you would bring?
Again, does my BF count as a “thing”? haha
I am actually not sure….depends on what kind of Island that is. Am I the only person there? Do I have to hunt for my food? Do I have to build a house myself?
8. Why did you start your blog?
Like I said above, I was thinking about it for a long time. I thought if it would be right for me. Would people even be interested to read what I have to say? In the end I decided that it is a nice gimmick, but I should blog for myself, because it makes me happy and because I like to do it. So I did. The topic was pretty clear from the beginning. I love nail polish. Ever since I loved painting my nails. Wowing my friends at school and my family with my nail art^^
I also love spending time at the drugstore, buying new things and trying them out.
A huge obsession for is anything bath related. Bath powder, bath bombs, salts and so on.
Anyways, when I thought of a name for my blog, something that my BF said popped back into my head.
I remember once he said “please don’t buy too much small stuff” and if you know the TV series “The Walking Dead” you might know what Rick Grimes said to his wife Lori….he said “if you want to talk, talk to Hershel. I am doing stuff Lori….thiiiiings.”
So the name for my blog was born, welcome to all the small stuff and things 😀
9. What is the name of your current moisturizer?
Since my skin is very sensitive, pale, dry, irritated and prone to redness, I am using a creme from my pharmacy. The company is Eubos
10. What is your zodiac sign?
I am a virgo
11. What shampoo and conditioner do you use?
I usually use Head & Shoulders Classic clean. But I also love using LUX hair Shampoo which is only available in Japan, so I don’t use it too often. I don’t want my stock to get empty haha
Conditioner I don’t really use. The only thing I do use is a kind of leave in hydration conditioner by Revlon, which is called Equave. I have learned about it while I was learning and working as a hairstylist. You can find it here
11 Random facts about me
1. I love Japan and Japanese people. I feel it is my real home, even though I was born in Germany.
2. I am passionate. When I love something or someone, I will do anything I can .
3. I am not a typical girly girl. I never wear dresses, skirts, nor heels. I do not collect shoes, nor bags or nor go shopping for clothing often.
4. I am a NERD. I love my DSi, my WII, my Computer/Laptop/Tablet^^
5. I love traveling. Mostly to Japan though haha
6. I call myself an artist. I don’t paint often, but when I do it is very stress relieving and it is taking my mind off of anything.
7. I fight for what I believe in. Fairness and justice are very important to me.
8. When I was a little girl I wanted to work in my local Zoo and take care of the Elephants there, because they are my favorite animals. Later, after school I wanted to become a Make-up artist at the theater or movies. Making Horror Mask or creating gross injuries^^
9. When I was about 12-14 years old, my mom took my siblings and me to Sri Lanka (India) where I finally got the chance to ride an Elephant and become friends with her. Her name is Lakshmi and she still lives at the Millennium Elephant Foundation near Pinawala in Sri Lanka. I am 30 years old now, so I want to go back soon to see her and give her a big kiss. I love her very very much.
10. Music is my life, it has helped me through every good or bad time in my life.
11. I have been through a lot in my life. I would NEVER change a bit of it if I could, because all of it made me the strong and independent woman I am today.
11 Questions for the bloggers I have nominated:
1. Why did you start blogging? Tell me the story of your blog name
2. What is your favorite part of blogging?
3. What time of day do you write the best content for your blog? Where do you get your inspiration from?
4. What is your favorite quote?
5. What do you love the most about yourself?
6. What was your dream job as a child? What are you doing now (besides blogging if not full-time)?
7. Which social media platform do you use the most? Which others do you use?
8. What app do you use the most?
9. What is your aspiration in life?
10. What makes you happy?
11. What color are your nails right now?
The blogs I nominate are: (maybe also blogs that have more than 200 followers, because it would break my heart not to nominate those lovely people)
Ari ちゃん – http://arimmmmm.wordpress.com/ (japanese)
Yoko ちゃん – http://sungirlyoko.wordpress.com/ (japanese)
Jacqui – http://craftynail.com/
Caroline – http://trendyladies.wordpress.com/
Lemming – http://lemmingsundae.wordpress.com/
Ashley – http://ashleynatx.wordpress.com/
and last but not least, is it illegal to nominate Amy back again? 😀
I am very humbled to accept this award. I am very happy and overwhelmed thinking about that I have just started blogging. I love all the new people that I get to know thanks to this awesome thing called the internet and thanks to this blog. I hope you all know how much I appreciate you and I hope we will spend more great times together.
[Update 1:] the lovely Melissa Lux from Lux Makeup Art also nominated me for the Liebster Award.
Thank you so much as well Melissa!
You guys should check her blog as well. She is a freelance makeup artist and has a great blog with useful posts.
[Update 2:] the lovely …. (no name to find on her blog) from strandonbeautyalso nominated me for Liebster award. Thanks a lot for that.
For now, talk soon,